Product

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Paranoid Mess

 I’m so used to people using me

Tied up and left to starve

My heart yearns for freedom

While everyone secretly lies

Building relationships is so hard

When you’re the only one with tools

Finding out how someone ticks

Used to be laden with jewels


I’ve never felt completely safe

Where no one could knock me down

If I have it would I know

If I don’t would I know

Why does it matter why do I care

It causes such crazy emotion

My brain won’t stop my body aches

Is it me who’s causing commotion


Where in the world will I feel

Trust that won’t be altered

Does it exist at all anyway

And if it’s a myth then what

If it’s a myth I’ve been lied to

By everyone over and over 

That thinks I’m great so what

Hand me a four leaf clover


Maybe with luck I’ll find it one day

Growing on lovers graveyard plot

As I myself am stuck on the earth

Wandering as a ghost

Just can’t leave this grass covered rock

So much to know I don’t know

If happiness is in front of me, then

I’m not paying attention to the show


You are what you make, I’ve made it so far

Troubled past won’t hold me back

Yet deep down I’m aware of too much

Stacking hurt in dark rooms

It comes up every now and again

To ruin decisions I’ve made 

Climbing mountains, well maintained

What good’s advice when it’s paid 

No comments:

Post a Comment