Product

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Roses

 


We abstain from social distance

Mask wear, risk unknown

The world is greatly divided, us

Greatly distanced sepia tone

Undecided decide too much

Waves like ripples in a pond

Come for the ocean across country

Fate flicker tip of waving wand

I’m fond for flowers, fearful future

Risks caught up full speed ahead

Trudging life well oiled machine

Dotted crimson clouds, blood that’s bled

Making waves, dashing dream to dream

Still don’t know what it means - and it feels

Like thousand islands stuck between

Buying roses memories such good meals

And music flows forth forgiving worth

Reality sinks in do I take the shot or what

Forced into a corner, can’t say much more

Thought it was nice then got really hot

And so I plot my last goodbye

How’d we get so high in little time

Lacking funds cause fortune spent

Flipping choices one last dime

Nothing looks as good as these roses

And smell as good as you

Sometimes I cling to random straws

Hoping to renew

There is no vase to fit the flowers

That I would have bought

Trace the day it goes away

Lesson learned battles fought

Has my indie bottled breath really made a stir

There’s a light I think it’s hope 

Roses blooming in the dirt

Fuck it.. let’s elope

No comments:

Post a Comment