Product

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Give Me

 Gimme a rise,

A rouse

A fine thread to feel

Desire to step out of myself

Walk down a hall to a mirror

Stop and stare and gaze deep

Murmur not even a peep


Gimme the light

A torch

A touch and I’ll jump

Forgot I had skin

Forgot I’m within

This feeling perceiving

Faintly fading human form

Barely alive within a storm


Gimme a mask

A face

A something to hide

This thing deep inside

Away from them all

Curled up like a ball

Or else I may fall

Into old habits die hard

Say I should lower my guard


Gimme a reason

A time

An ever long rhyme

To use in my prime

To be yours not mine

Show and tell

Just as well

Change and yell

Change the weather

Even if it’s not forever


Gimme your soul

A toll

A dire dictation

To pass through my heart

To imprint your part

Right from the start

No comments:

Post a Comment