Product

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Desire Lines

Burst of burning rage and passion

Thoughts of love and bliss in action

All at once it moves and moves,

All of it leads straight to you.


Torn between the indecision

Knowing that it’s not my vision

Blood pouring from this incision

Thinking of our nuclear fission


Every time the urges come

Brain and body go undone

Unsure what this has become

Heart so heavy weighs a ton


Stuck here with passionate plight

Thinking, can I make it right?

How can I put out the fire tonight

Even just your voice might


Hate to be away from you

Hate to tear apart the glue

Not my choice to say it’s through, but

Hate desire to renew.


Reaching for the skin I know

Pinching once or twice to show

Real life lessons come and go

Swept into the undertow 


Fires sinking, yet to drown 

Can you blame my solemn frown?

Once we shared a single crown

Now the kingdoms fallen down 


Gentle as a moonlit beam

Light is filtered through the seams

Water washes ‘way the cream

My love for you it goes unseen


How am I supposed to trust

Feelings from a simple bust?

Lines of passion, lines of lust,

Leading to a land of dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment